Friday, February 10, 2012

on grandparents...

Let me premise this by saying that I absolutely LOVE my grandparents. My grandma was the sweetest, most gentle woman I knew. If little Peanut was a girl, the middle name would have been Pauline after my grandma. I also have fond memories of father, my PaPere, who died when I was a child. I loved going to visit him. Though my grandfather and I didn't always see eye to eye growing up, I've really come to respect the man that he is, and have enjoyed getting to know him more in the past few years.

It brings me no end of happiness that Peanut will have grandparents close by at all times. Not only for the spoiling factor, but what kid doesn't need an extra few people to love him like no other? Dan's mom lives only 45 minutes away, and with this being her first grandkid, I'm hoping we are going to see a lot of her. My parents are going to be working in the Red Deer area for the next few years and will even be around at Christmas, and I've recently learned that my grandpa is moving to a retirement home here in Red Deer too, so he will be good and close for Peanut as well.

Though part of me is sad that Peanut will never see the farm that my dad grew up on, the kitchen where I played cards with my grandma and the freezer that I snuck treats out of, it's more important for him to have his great grandfather close by to dote on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment