Thursday, February 2, 2012

25 weeks and freaking out

I have exactly two weeks and one day left on my contract. When I first realized I was pregnant, I started freaking out about the length of my contract, but on the government of Alberta website it says that you can start your maternity leave 12 weeks before your due date. Therefore, I wasn't so worried any more, because my contact ends 13 weeks before my due date, and you have to have a two week waiting period anyways.

As I was laying awake most of last night thinking about maternity leave and benefits and wondering how in the WORLD we are going to afford everything, I posted on a forum I am on for other people having babies in May. One woman told me that you are eligible 8 weeks before your due date, not 12. When I looked at the government of CANADA website, it indeed says that.

so now I'm confused and worried and freaking out. I have 2 weeks and one day left of work. I have seven weeks until I can apply for EI benefits. I have NO idea how I'm going to make any money in those five weeks to help with rent, bills, food, baby supplies, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment