Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Little Hands

Yesterday I had a bit of a scare with some cramps, so I called my doctor, and he was able to get me in within the hour. It was great that they took my fears seriously and wanted to check and see what was wrong.
They couldn't find Peanut's little hearbeat on the doppler, but said it might be because of his/her position, as well as the position of the fibroids, and sent me for an ultrasound yesterday afternoon.

As I was laying on the ultrasound table, the first thing the woman said to me was "we still have a heartbeat". I almost started crying in that moment.

Jess and Dan were in the waiting room with me, and when the technician went out and got them, I got to see what was on the screen, and we saw a little baby. the other two ultrasounds I've gotten there was really not much to see, other than a little heart beating (which was cool too), but here you could clearly make out a nose, and eyes, and little ears, and a little mouth. Little Peanut's hand started waving at us, and it even emptied its little bladder (how many times can YOU use the word little in a paragraph:)

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and it feels more real than it ever has. I no longer doubt that I won't be able to love this little peanut. After the ultrasound yesterday, how could I not love him/her?

1 comment: