Thursday, November 24, 2011

ultrasounds galore!

Yesterday I had the fifth ultrasound of my pregnancy. Even though the full bladder sucks, I count myself lucky to have been able to see little peanut so often.

Jill came with me, which was very cool. She had never seen an ultrasound before, so I hope that made up for the long wait she had in the waiting room.

Once I got in, after about five minutes, the ultrasound tec asked me to go and empty HALF my bladder. I'm not sure if you have ever tried to empty only half of your bladder when it is extremely full, but it's not the easiest accomplishment. However, I was able to do it.

After that, he took a long time, barely talking. I think I like the female technicians better, because they talk you through the process and understand more what you are going through.

Once Jill got to come in we got to see little peanut. He/She was sleeping, but we could see its heart beating, and then the tec pushed the ultrasound probe thing on my belly and shook it a bit, telling the baby to WAKE UP. Little peanut obliged and started swimming/dancing a bit. I was amazed at how much bigger peanut is from the last ultrasound I had. Much more defined features, and its little feet were so adorable.

Heart rate was 154 bpm, which is a nice, strong heartbeat for peanut to have. I haven't gotten the full report from the doctor yet, but the tec did ask a lot of questions about the fibroids. I gather they are still causing some trouble in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment