Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Little Stinker

Yesterday I had the most enjoyable ultrasound to date. I had a student doing the exam with an experienced, grandmotherly, witty woman overseeing him. Because it was a student doing the exam, I didn't have to lay there and look at the ceiling for the bulk of the appointment, and was able to look at the screen while they were doing the exam. The woman referred to Peanut multiple times as a "little stinker" because every time she would almost be able to get a good picture of his heart, he would move in a way so that she couldn't see it at all. And every ultrasound we have had since he was 13 weeks he has been facing my back, which also makes it more difficult to see his heart. At one point the tec told me I should put him in gymnastics right after birth because of all of the moving that he was doing.

I'm fully expecting a call from my doctor's office today saying that they have booked me in for another ultrasound in two weeks time in another attempt to see his heart. My theory is he is waiting for grandma (my mom) to come home so that she can go to the ultrasound and see him as well.

Oh Peanut. we already have a little stinker on our hands, and I love you so much more for it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie, Just found your blog thru the fb group and am really enjoying your writing. Looking forward to following your blog for your regular updates and lovely messages to your baby.
    If your interested you can check me out at www.ssandsneakers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found the site and I've enjoyed reading yours as well!

      Delete