Friday, January 13, 2012

Most Ultrasounded Baby ever

This Morning we went for the follow-up ultrasound to check on Peanut's umbilical cord, heart and kidneys. I really love the ultrasounds, and have gotten in the habit of asking friends to go with me, because they are pretty cool to see, and it seems my friends already love Peanut a lot, so why not get to see him? this morning Nicky got up extra early for work and came to see Peanut with us.

As I was laying during the first part of the ultrasound, where the tec did his business and all I get to do is lay there, I realized a few things. I realized I'm still afraid, at each appointment, that the tec is going to give bad news like that very first ultrasound I had with Zyggy. I don't think I will feel completely safe until I am holding Peanut in my arms. I also realized that even though the numerous ultrasounds can seem like a pain in the butt at the time, I'm really grateful for every chance to see Peanut that I can get. It's really starting to dawn on me that there is a Peanut in there, and that soon he will be out with us, and I will be a full blown mother, responsible for the care of another at all times. It's quite daunting.

Once we got to see Peanut, I became quite confused about his positioning. I've mostly been feeling him on my lower right side, close to my belly button, but today his head was on the right, above my belly button, with his spine curving around my left side and his feet down at the very bottom center (basically resting on my bladder). This is why I feel him so often on my bladder I guess! It was cool to know his exact positioning. This afternoon when I was sitting I felt his arms (which I know now are arms) on my left side, and I could feel it from the outside! Of course daddy was at work and could not feel too. hopefully soon.

Peanut is VERY breech right now. I know he has lots of time to turn, but I hope he does before he gets too big!

No comments:

Post a Comment